Welcome to the website for the Hundson, Eastwick and Gilston Neighbourhood Plan Group.
You can watch a video telling the story of our Neighbourhood Plan below
The Giston Area Neighbourhood Plan underwent independent examination by Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC between October 2020 and February 2021.
“I find the NP is based on extensive community engagement, well researched supporting evidence, and – subject to matters set out in the Report – provides an appropriate set of local policies.” said the QC.
“Subject to Recommended Modifications in the Report… I conclude that the NP meets the Basic Conditions and other statutory requirements, and I recommend that it proceed to referendum.”
The revised planning application from Briggens Estate for Village 7 has just been submitted.
The consultation period is open now and has been extended. It will close on Thursday, March 18.
The NPG will offer its thoughts and guidance on how to respond in the coming days.
Developer Places for People recently submitted its own revisions to its planning applications
The NPG has responded to these revised applications, and you can read the response in full here.
- NPG submits response to revised Village 7 application March 18, 2021
- Village 7 revised planning application – we need YOUR response March 16, 2021
- Independent Examiner publishes final Neighbourhood Plan report February 19, 2021
- Briggens Estate submits revised planning application for Village 7 February 1, 2021
- NPG responds to the Places for People revised planning applications January 21, 2021
- How to respond to the revised planning applications before the January 21 deadline January 15, 2021
- Revised Planning Applications – Zoom webinar on January 11 December 31, 2020
- Gilston Area Neighbourhood Plan – Notice of Public Consultation December 29, 2020
- Revised Planning Applications – DEADLINE EXTENDED December 22, 2020
- How to respond to the revised planning applications December 18, 2020
You can get updates from the Group direct to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter.
Like our new Facebook Page and join our Discussion Group below
The East Herts District Plan provides for 10,000 homes to be built in the Gilston Area. In exchange for the release of our Green Belt land, we were promised development of exceptional quality and 1,000 acres of community owned open space.
The residents of Hunsdon, Eastwick and Gilston have joined forces and formed a Neighbourhood Plan Group to engage with the developers and authorities to represent the local communities and safeguard your interests.
After much consultation with residents, developers, other stakeholders and experts, we have drafted a comprehensive Neighbourhood Plan, which you can download and read in full below.
Paper copies of the plan are available at The Plume of Feathers in Gilston, The Lion in Eastwick, St Mary’s Church in Gilston, St Botolph’s Church in Eastwick, and Hunsdon Village Hall (meeting room – during surgery hours Monday and Friday mornings).
The plan builds on the previous Concept Development Framework, which outlined principles that should underpin the redevelopment of the Gilston Area.
• October 2020 – January 2021 independent examination by Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC
• Spring 2021 – Final reviews, followed by a community referendum