Welcome to the website for the Hunsdon, Eastwick and Gilston Neighbourhood Plan Group (NPG).
You can get updates from the Group direct to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter.
Like our Facebook Page below for updates on your feed:
Our Gilston Area Neighbourhood Plan aims to ensure – through the formal planning process – that the Gilston Area development fulfils the promises the developers have made about creating homes of exceptional quality in sustainable communities.
It received a massive endorsement from local residents on 27th May with a powerful 98% of the vote, in a very high turnout at the referendum on it.
It also won the awards for Plan-Making and cross-category Editor’s prize at the Planning Awards 2021.
We would like to thank you all for your incredible support over these last two years, and for coming out to vote for the policies in the Plan.
This overwhelming vote gives you a voice to shape and influence the development of the Garden Villages, which we know are destined for this area and imposed by others against the will of the majority of the people who live here.
You can download and read the full Neighbourhood Plan here:
- Gilston Area Neighbourhood Plan wins top landscape planning award November 26, 2021
- Gilston Area Neighbourhood Plan wins two major accolades at Planning Awards 2021 June 11, 2021
- Neighbourhood Plan endorsed with 98% – Thank You May 28, 2021
- How to vote in your Neighbourhood Plan Referendum on May 27, 2021 May 10, 2021
- Neighborhood Plan accepted by East Herts Council – Referendum set for May 27 April 15, 2021
- NPG submits response to revised Village 7 application March 18, 2021
- Village 7 revised planning application – we need YOUR response March 16, 2021
- Independent Examiner publishes final Neighbourhood Plan report February 19, 2021
- Briggens Estate submits revised planning application for Village 7 February 1, 2021
- NPG responds to the Places for People revised planning applications January 21, 2021
The East Herts District Plan provides for 10,000 homes to be built in the Gilston Area. In exchange for the release of our Green Belt land, we were promised development of exceptional quality and 1,000 acres of community owned open space.
The residents of Hunsdon, Eastwick and Gilston have joined forces and formed a Neighbourhood Plan Group to engage with the developers and authorities to represent the local communities and safeguard your interests.
After much consultation with residents, developers, other stakeholders and experts, we have drafted a comprehensive Neighbourhood Plan, which you can download and read in full above.
The Plan underwent and passed independent examination by Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC between October 2020 and February 2021.
It was accepted by East Herts Council soon after and was endoresed by the public with a 98% win at a public vote on Thursday, May 27, 2021.
Paper copies of the plan are available to borrow on request.
The plan builds on the previous Concept Development Framework, which outlined principles that should underpin the redevelopment of the Gilston Area.