Welcome to the website for the Hundson, Eastwick and Gilston Neighbourhood Plan Group.
Developer Places for People recently submitted its long-awaited revisions to its planning applications
The NPG has responded to these revised applications, and you can read the response in full here.
We are still awaiting the revised planning applications from Briggens Estate for Village 1.
The Giston Area Neighbourhood Plan and results of East Herts Council’s public consultation are now with the Examiner, Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC.
The examination can be followed here in full, and also at the East Herts Council website.
A virtual hearing took place on 19 November 2020. You can watch it in full below:
You can follow the examination – including all formal correspondence as it is sent – on our dedicated Independent Examination page.
All responses to the Council’s consultation can also be read in our Documents Library (Neighbourhood Plan / Evidence Base/ Phase 7: Public Consulation by East Herts Council).
- NPG responds to the Places for People revised planning applications January 21, 2021
- How to respond to the revised planning applications before the January 21 deadline January 15, 2021
- Revised Planning Applications – Zoom webinar on January 11 December 31, 2020
- Gilston Area Neighbourhood Plan – Notice of Public Consultation December 29, 2020
- Revised Planning Applications – DEADLINE EXTENDED December 22, 2020
- How to respond to the revised planning applications December 18, 2020
- Revised Planning Applications – key documents December 14, 2020
- Briggens Estate 1 announces Village 7 seminar November 24, 2020
- Revised Planning Applications and your Neighbourhood Plan November 21, 2020
- NPG responds to East Herts sustainability consultation October 4, 2020
You can get updates from the Group direct to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter.
Like our new Facebook Page and join our Discussion Group below
The East Herts District Plan provides for 10,000 homes to be built in the Gilston Area. In exchange for the release of our Green Belt land, we were promised development of exceptional quality and 1,000 acres of community owned open space.
The residents of Hunsdon, Eastwick and Gilston have joined forces and formed a Neighbourhood Plan Group to engage with the developers and authorities to represent the local communities and safeguard your interests.
After much consultation with residents, developers, other stakeholders and experts, we have drafted a comprehensive Neighbourhood Plan, which you can download and read in full below.
Paper copies of the plan are available at The Plume of Feathers in Gilston, The Lion in Eastwick, St Mary’s Church in Gilston, St Botolph’s Church in Eastwick, and Hunsdon Village Hall (meeting room – during surgery hours Monday and Friday mornings).
The plan builds on the previous Concept Development Framework, which outlined principles that should underpin the redevelopment of the Gilston Area.
• October 2020 – January 2021 independent examination by Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC
• Spring 2021 – Final reviews, followed by a community referendum