You can download and read the full Neighbourhood Plan here:
We urge all residents of Eastwick, Gilston and Hunsdon to VOTE YES by voting at their Village Halls in person on May 27, or using a postal vote.
This IS NOT a vote about whether you agree the housing development across the Gilston Area should be allowed. We sadly lost that fight back in 2018 when the Inspector at the Examination in Public agreed the East Herts District Plan could go ahead.
It IS a vote about whether East Herts Council and the developers must take account of the Policies within your Neighbourhood Plan.
A Vote “YES” gives local people a voice. Once it passes, the Plan becomes a Statutory Document and planners and developers have to listen and deliver on their promises of seven Garden Villages with housing of exceptional quality, and 1,000 acres of community owned open spaces. You’ll have a seat at the table with real influence.
It’s critical that after two years work on your Neighbourhood Plan we get it over the final hurdle and not leave it all to the planners and developers to do whatever they want in our Neighbourhood.
- Neighborhood Plan accepted by East Herts Council – Referendum set for May 27 April 15, 2021
- NPG submits response to revised Village 7 application March 18, 2021
- Village 7 revised planning application – we need YOUR response March 16, 2021
- Independent Examiner publishes final Neighbourhood Plan report February 19, 2021
- Briggens Estate submits revised planning application for Village 7 February 1, 2021
- NPG responds to the Places for People revised planning applications January 21, 2021
- How to respond to the revised planning applications before the January 21 deadline January 15, 2021
- Revised Planning Applications – Zoom webinar on January 11 December 31, 2020
- Gilston Area Neighbourhood Plan – Notice of Public Consultation December 29, 2020
- Revised Planning Applications – DEADLINE EXTENDED December 22, 2020
You can get updates from the Group direct to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter.
Like our Facebook Page below for updates on your feed:
The East Herts District Plan provides for 10,000 homes to be built in the Gilston Area. In exchange for the release of our Green Belt land, we were promised development of exceptional quality and 1,000 acres of community owned open space.
The residents of Hunsdon, Eastwick and Gilston have joined forces and formed a Neighbourhood Plan Group to engage with the developers and authorities to represent the local communities and safeguard your interests.
After much consultation with residents, developers, other stakeholders and experts, we have drafted a comprehensive Neighbourhood Plan, which you can download and read in full above.
The Plan underwent and passed independent examination by Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC between October 2020 and February 2021.
It was accepted by East Herts Council soon after and will go to a public vote on Thursday, May 27, 2021.
Paper copies of the plan are available at The Plume of Feathers in Gilston, The Lion in Eastwick, St Mary’s Church in Gilston, St Botolph’s Church in Eastwick, and Hunsdon Village Hall (meeting room – during surgery hours Monday and Friday mornings).
The plan builds on the previous Concept Development Framework, which outlined principles that should underpin the redevelopment of the Gilston Area.
• May 27, 2021 – Community referendum