The Hunsdon, Eastwick and Gilston Neighbourhood Plan Group (NPG) has issued its response to the Harlow and Gilston Garden Town Transport Strategy consultation.
The NPG states in its conclusions:
- Overall the M11 growth corridor has always had a lack of sustainable transport and investment. The strategy does not make reference to this wider context of movement; surely it should?
- The strategy does not reference the things that are not working well in Harlow and so the need for an approach to fix the deficits. Our concern is that without that analysis the existing failings will be repeated.
- The strategy assumes that the new developments will achieve the modal shift without providing the connecting ‘link’ to how developments will be delivered by developers to achieve this ambition.
- The strategy contains proposals that will greatly harm this community without any analysis of the options or environmental assessments of the consequences of these proposals; we fail to understand how these omissions can be tolerated by the HGGTB.
- The strategy requires significant further work and following that a fresh consultation.
You can read the response in full here.